Tuesday 23 June 2015


 

When I take the time to stop and look around, I feel blessed for all the people I have met and all the things that surround me and make me happy. I love my house, my garden and my pets. I love the fact that I can usually get up when I am not sleepy any more and enjoy the early morning, sometimes sunny sometimes misty but always beautiful.

I read the newspaper and my day starts becoming gloomy with so many pieces of news about wars, conflicts, acts of violence and corruption and then I feel as if I do not deserve to feel so happy with my life when so many other people live in such terrible conditions. I realize my life is a gift but sometimes I feel I have done nothing special to enjoy it fully as I do.

I also like to read some books and magazines of different sorts whenever I can and today I bumped into this extract which made me feel at ease with what I have.

When we receive a gift and find that feelings of unworthiness crop up, we can simply acknowledge the feelings and then remind ourselves that they are beside the point. We might say to ourselves, “I am meant to have this.” As we allow ourselves to accept the gift, we might feel tenderness in our hearts that naturally shifts into a deep feeling of gratitude. As we sit for a moment, consciously holding the gift in our hands or in our hearts, we say “yes” to the universe’s many blessings, and we also say “thank you.”

Thank you God for all your gifts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment