Monday 10 April 2017


Making changes in our lives





I am attending a course in NLP to shape some aspects of my behaviour that - I believe- can make my life more useful. Today I read an article about editing our lives and I thought it was close to what I wanted to express so I chose some excerpts.

"Our lives can be compared to an ongoing movie script over which we have complete creative control. Within us lies the power to examine what works or isn't working in our lives and make "edits" to our life's script, accordingly. Choosing to actively edit your life can be incredibly empowering. As you evolve, you have the choice to accept the script you've written thus far or edit it so you can create a life that fulfills you. You can cut out from your life's script what is no longer working for you. Acknowledging that you are responsible for the experience you create gives you the ability to create the life you've always longed for".
Isn´t it wonderful? However, I am not sure editing your real life  is as easy as erasing a line of text, especially if you've carried emotional baggage . But when you do cut out what isn't working from your life, you'll feel lighter and more alive. Editing out activities that you find stressful, disassociating yourself from people that drain your energy, and letting go of your emotional baggage are all beneficial cuts you can make.


What can we put in the empty spaces that are left behind? That´s the magic! you can add in anything you like. We can now include the kinds of positive experiences, people, and beliefs that you would like to fill your life with.   


I can´t wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment